Boston lettuce with Parsley and Herbs
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 large scallion, white and pale green parts only, chopped (you could substitute spring garlic!)
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped tarragon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 head of Boston lettuce, separated into leaves
- Chervil or tiny tarragon sprigs, for garnish
In a blender, combine the parsley, scallion, tarragon, vegetable oil, white wine vinegar and water and puree. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
On 2 plates, decoratively stack the Boston lettuce leaves to form a flower shape, using the largest leaves on the bottom and working up to the smallest leaves. Drizzle the salads with the vinaigrette, garnish with the herb sprigs and serve.