Sautéed Swiss Chard with Raisins and Pine Nuts
- 1 1/2 pounds Swiss chard, stalks cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces, leaves torn into 2-inch pieces (keep stalks and leaves separate)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large fry pan add 2 Tbsps. olive oil, add 1/2 onion and 2 cloves crushed garlic. While that is cooking on low heat rinse spinach
Sautéed Rainbow Chard with Tomatoes, Basil and Onions
- 8oz (240gr) chard Swiss chard
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 2 cloves garlic
- handful fresh basil leaves
Wash the chard and trim any bad bits.
Stack the leaves together and fold over, the long way. Slice into thin strips, about 1/2″ (1cm) using both leaves and stems.
Roughly chop tomato.
Tear large basil leaves.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic, chard stems and stir-fry over medium heat 3 minutes.
Add the leaves, basil and tomato. Stir and turn until the leaves wilt and it all fits into the skillet.
Reduce heat to low and cook until all is tender, another 5 – 6 minutes, stirring frequently.