Potato, Leek and Bacon Pizza
- 1 (1 pound) frozen pizza dough ball, thawed and cut in half and rolled out to your desired thickness
- 2 leeks, rinsed thoroughly and thinly slice
- 4 small red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- fresh mozzarella
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4th cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/4th cup grated pecorino or parmesan cheese
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 500. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, until cooked but not completely crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. Drain most of the grease but leave a little in the skillet. Add the leeks to the skillet and sauté for about 3 minutes, until they soften. Remove and set aside.
Lightly drizzle a little oil over each crust and sprinkle with a little salt. Layer the potatoes over each crust, overlapping a little. Sprinkle the taters with a little salt, then layer some mozzarella slices over them. Layer some cooked leeks on top of the mozzarella, and follow with a good sprinkle of chopped bacon. Throw some goat cheese crumbles over the top and some grated parmesan. Bake the pizza for about 10 minutes, keeping an eye on it so the cheese doesn’t burn.