Braised Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Carrots and Potatoes
- 1 6–8-lb. semi boneless leg of lamb
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2.5 lbs. small red potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 15 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 large carrots, peeled and cut into 3″ pieces (feel free to add parsnips as well)
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large yellow onion, cut lengthwise into eight wedges
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- Minced flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
Arrange a rack 8″ from broiler element and heat broiler to high. Put lamb in a large roasting pan, season generously with salt and pepper, and broil, flipping once, until browned, about 25 minutes. Remove lamb from oven and heat oven to 325°.
Arrange potatoes, garlic, carrots, rosemary, bay leaves, and onions around lamb; pour in chicken stock and wine. Season wine mixture with salt and pepper and cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Place roasting pan in oven and cook, turning lamb once, until fork tender, 4–5 hours. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool 20 minutes. Transfer lamb and vegetables to a large serving platter and sprinkle with minced parsley; serve pan juices on the side.