Pico de Gallo
- 3/4-pound tomatoes (about 2 medium), seeded and finely diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 small fresh jalapeño or serrano chile, finely chopped, including seeds, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt, or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Season to taste with additional chile, lime juice, and salt.
This salsa keeps in the refrigerator for up to one day. Before you serve it, stir it well and drain any excess liquid that has accumulated in the bowl.