Grilled Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter, Fresh Lime and Queso Fresco
My family adores Jersey fresh corn and we love to find unique ways to dress it up. This recipe was originally from one of our favorite cook books by Bobby Flay- Boy gets Grill. It’s a great as a side snack or a compliment to your BBQ.
For garlic butter:
- 12 tablespoons unsalted, slightly softened butter
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the corn:
- 4-8 ears corn (however many you’d like to cook at a time), silks removed but husks left on, soaked in cold water for at least 10 minutes.
- 2 fresh limes, quartered
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco or mild feta
Garlic Butter: Combine the butter and garlic in food processor or with a mixer until smooth (or by hand let the butter get really soft and use a wooden spoon). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat grill to high. Place the corn on the grill, close grill hood and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until steamed through and hot but still crisp. Unwrap husks from the corn and immediately spread or brush garlic butter. Squeeze the limes on top and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.