Spinach, Beef and Egg Hash
- 1 1⁄2 lb. fresh spinach (to yield 3⁄4 lb.)
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb. ground chuck
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Grated parmigiano-reggiano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Trim spinach, wash in several changes of water, then blanch in a pot of boiling salted water over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool under cold running water. Squeeze out excess water; roughly chop.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 10 minutes; add ground chuck and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until brown, about 3 minutes.
Add spinach, cook for 2 minutes; add eggs and cook, without stirring, for 30 seconds. Remove from heat, stir, and season to taste with grated parmigiano-reggiano, salt, and pepper