Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes, Basil and Parmesan
- a 2-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, and the seeds discarded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup thinly sliced or diced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
In a glass baking dish arrange the squash half, cut side down, pour 1/4 cup water around it, and cover the dish tightly with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Microwave the squash at high power (100%) for 12 minutes, or until it is soft when pressed, and let it stand, covered, for 3 minutes. In a large bowl whisk together the oil, 1/4 cup of the basil, the oregano, and 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, stir in the tomatoes, and season the mixture with salt and pepper. While the squash is still warm scrape it with a fork to form strands, add the strands to the tomato mixture, and toss the mixture until it is combined. Divide the mixture between 2 bowls, sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan over it, and garnish it with the additional basil.