Linguine with Lemon, Garlic and Thyme Mushrooms
- 8 ounces/4 cups finely sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Maldon/kosher salt or 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- Small clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme stripped to give 1 teaspoon leaves
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, leaves chopped, to give 1/2 cup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
Slice the mushrooms finely, and put them into a large bowl with the oil, salt, minced garlic, lemon juice and zest, and gorgeously scented thyme leaves.
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain loosely retaining some water. Quickly put the pasta into the bowl with the mushroom mixture.
Toss everything together well, and then add the parsley, cheese and pepper before tossing again. Eat with joy in your heart.