Oven Roasted Purple Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds’ purple potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh leaf thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
Heat oven to 400° F (200° C/Gas 6). Brush a large rimmed baking pan or roasting pan with olive oil or spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Scrub the potatoes well and peel, if desired. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Toss them in a bowl with the minced garlic, fresh chopped cilantro, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme.
Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in the prepared pan.
Roast the potatoes, turning occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned and tender.