Rainbow Potato Roast
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 ½ pounds mixed white, yellow, purple, red, gold potatoes, peeled if desired and cut in 1-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce Parmesan, grated (1/4 cup) (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Rub a 2- or 3-quart baking dish or gratin with the cut side of the garlic and then brush with olive oil. Alternatively, line a sheet pan with parchment and omit the garlic. Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, add the sage and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and toss again. Arrange in the baking dish or on the baking sheet.
Bake 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. If you are using a baking dish the some of the potatoes might stick, but just coax them away from the dish with your spoon.
Add the remaining oil and the cheese if using, stir together and bake another 10 minutes, until the potatoes are crispy on the edges. Serve hot or warm.