Asian Peanut Spaghetti Squash Stir-Fry
- 1 large spaghetti Squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 (8oz.) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, seeds removed & thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut in half & thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce (choose a gluten-free brand variety if you’re gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Dash ground ginger
- Dash red pepper flakes
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts, finely chopped
Cut squash in half lengthwise with a sharp knife. Remove seeds with spoon. Place squash, cut side down in a microwave safe pan. Add about ¼ cup of water to pan and cover pan with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for about 10-15 minutes or until squash is soft. Cool slightly. Using a fork, remove squash in long strands.
Meanwhile, place large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Cook garlic and chicken, while crumbling chicken, for about 3-5 minutes or until chicken is about cooked through. Add mushrooms, green pepper, and onions to pan and cook another 4-6 minutes or until vegetables and meat are cooked through.
Add soy sauce, peanut butter, lime juice, ginger, and pepper to pan and stir to combine. Add squash and stir to coat. (if you don’t have enough room in your pan, combine in a large mixing bowl).
Top with cilantro and peanuts before serving.