Sausage, Red Pepper and Spinach Pesto Pizza
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2-cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 Tbsp.
- 1 Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin sticks
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 pre-made 12-inch thin pizza crust
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a food processor, blitz the spinach, garlic, Parmesan, pine nuts, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. With the motor running, add the oil in a thin stream until pesto-y. Set aside. Heat the remaining Tbsp. oil in a medium skillet and add the sausage. Break up with a wooden spoon and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Set aside. To the pan, add the red pepper. Add a little more oil if needed. Throw a teeny dash of salt in there. Grab your crust and evenly spoon the pesto over it. Sprinkle a little cheese on top. Then add some sausage. Then some cheese. Then some peppers. Bake according to package directions.