Grilled Shrimp and Green Bean Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 pounds peeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- Basil Vinaigrette, divided (1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, 4 large shallots, minced, 3 garlic cloves, minced, 1 tablespoon brown sugar , 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt , 1 cup olive oil-whisk first 7 ingredients together. Then stream in olive oil constantly whisking until blended)
- 6 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted, salted almonds
Soak 8 wooden skewers in water to cover 30 minutes. Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain, pat dry, and place in a large bowl. Combine shrimp and 3/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and chill 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skewers; toss with green beans, bacon, Parmesan cheese, almonds, and remaining 3/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette.