Stewed Sweet Peppers
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10-15 assorted red, yellow, and mini peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into ¼” strips
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced crosswise
- ½ medium white onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
Heat oil in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Add peppers, garlic, onions, and ½ cup water and season with salt and pepper. Cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until peppers are soft, about 1 hour. Stir in vinegar and transfer to a serving bowl.
Grilled Mini Sweet Peppers
- ¾-1 pound mini sweet peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon zatar seasoning (or your favorite dried herb seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat grill then turn down to medium heat. Skewer your peppers and brush both sides of peppers with thin coat of olive oil. Sprinkle with zatar seasoning (or whatever seasoning you like) and salt. Put skewers on grill over direct medium heat. Grill with lid closed until the peppers are blackened in spots on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip and grill the same way on the other side. Remove to platter, remove peppers from skewer and serve.