Spinach Chimichuri Shrimp with Rice
- 1 c. spinach, tightly packed
- 1 c. fresh cilantro, tightly packed (about 1 bunch cilantro)
- 1/2 c. Chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. rice pilaf
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
In a small food processor, combine spinach, cilantro, onion, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and vinegar. Pulse a few times and scrape down sides. With motor running, drizzle 1/2 cup olive oil into mixture and process until almost smooth.
In a medium pot, cook rice pilaf according to package instructions; keep covered.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining tablespoon olive oil. Sauté shrimp until cooked and pink in color, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and toss shrimp well with half of chimichurri.
Serve shrimp over rice pilaf, topped with remaining chimichurri sauce.