Grilled Eggplant with Feta Pesto
- 1-2 medium sized “Sicilian” eggplant
- 1/2 cup of basil (finely minced)
- 1/2 cup of parsley (finely minced)
- 1 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
- 2-3 tablespoons of low salt French feta
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
Cut the eggplant into ½ inch discs and brush both sides with olive oil. Next, season both sides with liberal amounts of freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt. Preheat your outdoor grill and grill 3-5 minutes. Flip the eggplant and repeat the process for the uncooked side. When grilling eggplant outdoors you’re trying to find that happy medium between a nicely charred exterior and wonderfully soft and tender interior.
For the feta pesto, combine ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, basil, parsley, garlic, and feta cheese in a bowl and mix well. Spoon the mixture onto each individual eggplant slice. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.