Sweet Potato Chips
Many people loved the White Sweet Potato “Fries” recipe from week 1 that we’ve added a Potato Chip recipe this time from www.health.com. These spiced chips pair well with homemade healthy ranch dressing.
• 3/4 pound sweet potatoes
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Preheat oven to 425°. Cut 3/4 pound sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices; set aside. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin. Add sweet potatoes; toss gently to coat. Cover a lightly oiled nonstick baking sheet with a single layer of potatoes; roast, turning once, until golden and tender (about 20 minutes). Serve with homemade dressing.
HOMEMADE HEALTHY RANCH DRESSING:
• ½ cup non-fat, plain yogurt
• 1/3 cup light sour cream
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (regular or light, whatever you have on hand)
• 2 tablespoons minced chives
• 1 small clove garlic, peeled
• 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• Black pepper to taste
Put the yogurt, sour cream, mayonnaise, chives, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Add a few grinds of black pepper. Whirl until smooth. If you don’t have a food processor, finely mince the garlic and whisk all of the ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth.