Beet and Feta Veggie Burgers
- 3 cups grated beets (about 4 to 5 beets)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (we prefer cold-pressed)
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (gluten-free if you prefer)
- 7 ounces’ sheep’s feta cheese or firm tofu
- 1 handful fresh basil, leaves picked
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, ghee or olive oil, for frying
Peel and grate beets, onion, and garlic on a box grater or use a food processor with the grating blades attached.
Place the grated vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
Add olive oil, eggs, and rolled oats and mix everything well.
Add sheep’s cheese or tofu, basil, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
Set aside for about 30 minutes, so the oats can soak up the liquid and the mixture sets (this step is important for the patties to hold together).
Try shaping a patty with your hands. If the mixture is to loose, add some more oats. Form 6 to 8 patties with your hands.
Grill the burgers a couple of minutes on each side – or fry them in a frying pan by heating a knob of coconut oil or ghee and fry until golden on both sides. Serve with grilled sourdough bread and toppings of your choice.