Herb and Apple Stuffing
- 2 loaves French bread (baguettes)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 c. chopped celery
- 2 c. chopped onions
- 2 tart apples
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1½ tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 3 c. chicken broth or stock
- ½ c. sliced blanched almonds
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Arrange bread cubes on 18 by 12-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat butter on medium-high heat until melted. Add celery, onions, apples, parsley, rosemary, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2-teaspoon pepper. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
In large bowl, toss bread with vegetable mixture, broth, and almonds, if using. Transfer to 3-quart baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 to 20 minutes or until top is golden.