Ginger Gold Apple Crisp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×13” baking dish.
- Wash, core and thinly slice 5 ginger gold apples
- Toss sliced apples with 3 TB diced crystallized ginger, ¼ tsp. ground cloves, 4 TB vanilla sugar, and ¼ cup apple cider or apple juice
- Place filling into greased baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together
1 cup whole wheat flour or, for gluten-free variation: ¾ cup brown rice flour and 1/4 cup tapioca starch
¾ cup light brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup chopped pecans (omit for nut-free), and
¼ tsp. salt.
- When streusel topping is mixed together, add 5 TB melted unsalted butter or, for vegan variation, 5 TB melted soy margarine, tossing well together to create fine crumble topping.
- Spoon topping over apple ginger filling.
- Bake 60-75 minutes, until filling is soft.