- 1 lb. fresh Chinese egg noodles
- 1 Tbs. Asian dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. peanut or canola oil
- 1 spring garlic or garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbs. finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 cups wide strips of bok choy
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 leek or 2 green onions, white and light green portions, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbs. oyster sauce
- 2 cups cooked, shredded salt and pepper chicken see related recipe at left)
Boil the noodles
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Separate the strands of noodles, drop them into the boiling water and boil for 2 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again. Toss the noodles with the sesame oil and set aside.
Stir-fry the vegetables
In a wok or large fry pan over high heat, warm the peanut oil. Add the garlic and ginger and stir until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Stir in the red pepper flakes, bok choy, carrot and the white portion of the leeks or green onions. Stir-fry the vegetables until the bok choy wilts, about 2 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir together the broth and oyster sauce and set aside.
Stir-fry the noodles
Add the noodles, chicken and broth mixture to the wok and toss to combine. Cook, stirring often, until the noodles and chicken are heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the light green portions of the green onions and serve immediately. Serves 4.