Grilled Romaine, Tomatoes and Shrimp with Basil Vinaigrette
FOR THE BASIL VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ½ teaspoons Dijon Mustard, ( You Can Add Up To 1 Teaspoon For A Little Spiciness)
- ⅓ cups White Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (dried)
- ½ teaspoons Sea Salt And Pepper, Or To Taste
- ⅔ cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cups Fresh Basil
FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 pounds Shrimp, Peeled, Deveined And Tails Removed
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt, Divided Use
- 1 teaspoon Pepper, Divided
- 1-½ pound Smallish Tomatoes, Cut In Half or Quarters
- Romaine Lettuce Head, Cut In Half Lengthwise (1 head = 2 servings)
For the vinaigrette:
Add all of the vinaigrette ingredients into a blender or a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy about 1 minute. Set aside.
For the salad:
In a bowl, toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Set aside. In another bowl, toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Set aside. Brush on remaining olive oil all over the romaine hearts. Season with a generous pinch of sea salt. Over a hot grill add shrimp (grill basket or skewer). On a separate section on the grill add the romaine hearts cut side down and the tomatoes (in another grill basket if you have one). Rotate shrimp until pink and remove them from the heat after about 5-6 minutes. Cook romaine and tomatoes until grill marks appear. Rotate and cook on all sides. Total cook time is about 6-8 minutes for the romaine and tomatoes.
Place a grilled romaine heart on a plate. Cover with shrimp and tomatoes. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.