Roasted Vegetable and Ricotta Pizza
My go to dinner- pizza. Not the regular take out variety (though we do love a good pie), but homemade pizza with all sorts of toppings. We make pizzas at least 2x per week, varying the crusts, vegetables and cheeses. This recipe can include many of your produce items all at once…especially if you are in need of cleaning out your fridge!
• 1 lb. pizza dough (refrigerated fresh) or freshly made
• 2 cups cremini mushrooms (sliced)
• 1 cup zucchini (slices)
• 1/4 tsp. black pepper
• 1 yellow bell pepper (sliced) and/or 1 red onion (sliced) and/or 1 bunch of roasted asparagus tips and pieces.
• 5 1/2 tsps. olive oil (divided)
• 1 tbsp. yellow cornmeal
• 1/3 cup tomato sauce
• 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
• 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
• 1/3 cup part skim ricotta cheese
• 2 tbsp. basil leaves (fresh)
Position an oven rack in the middle to lowest setting. Preheat oven to 500°.
Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand, covered, for 30 minutes.
Combine mushrooms and next 4 ingredients (through onion) in a large bowl; drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Toss. Arrange vegetables on a sheet pan. Bake at 500° for 15 minutes while your dough is coming to room temperature.
Punch dough down. Sprinkle a lightly floured large baking sheet or countertop with cornmeal; roll dough out to 15-inch circle and transfer to prepared baking sheet or pizza stone. Brush dough with 1 teaspoon oil. Spread sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella over sauce; top with vegetables. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella and red pepper over vegetable mixture. Dollop with ricotta. Slide pizza onto preheated pizza stone. Lower temperature of oven to 450 degrees and bake 11 minutes or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with basil.