Goat Cheese and Herb Stuffed Radicchio
Need an appetizer that’s beautiful and tasty? Then Giada De Laurentiis is your woman! Her dishes are fun, bright, and full of texture, and in this recipe he tangy goat cheese pairs well with the bitter radicchio.
• 1 cup olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup each chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley and chopped fresh basil leaves
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 3 scallions, finely chopped or 1-2 spring onions, finely chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ freshly ground black pepper
• 11 ounces goat cheese, frozen for 15 minutes and sliced into 12 (1/2-inch) pieces
• 12 radicchio leaves, cleaned
Special Equipment: a deep-fry thermometer. In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 300 degrees F. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes. Combine the garlic, parsley, basil, thyme, and scallions in a small glass bowl. Carefully pour the warm oil over the herb mixture. Add the salt and pepper. Mix well. Spoon a thin layer of the herb mixture on the bottom of an 8 by 8-inch square glass baking dish. Arrange the goat cheese slices in a single layer on top. Spoon the remaining herb mixture evenly over the top of the goat cheese. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. To serve: Place the radicchio leaves on a serving platter, place a slice of marinated goat cheese in each leaf. Drizzle with additional herb mixture and serve.