Carrot Quinoa Grain Medley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups dry quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups carrots, diced (about 3 medium)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2½ cups unsalted, nonfat chicken stock
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 ounces dry-roasted, salted pistachio kernels, chopped
Heat medium saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil and quinoa, and stir 3 to 4 minutes to toast quinoa. Add carrots, onion, red pepper, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of parsley. Stir 3 to 4 minutes.
Add chicken stock, and bring medley to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Remove saucepan from heat. Let sit 5 minutes; then fluff with fork. Garnish with pistachios and parsley.