Penne with Green Beans and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 (16-oz.) package whole wheat penne pasta
- 8 oz green beans, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pt. small tomatoes tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup Lemon-Shallot Vinaigrette (below)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
Cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans to boiling water during last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain. Rinse pasta mixture under cold running water until cool; drain. Toss together pasta mixture, tomatoes, and vinaigrette. Cover and chill up to 24 hours, if desired. Just before serving, stir in dill, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard Salt and pepper to taste
Stir together lemon juice and minced shallot; let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in olive oil, parsley, honey, and mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.