Roasted Delicata Squash with Quinoa, Apple and Spinach or Arugula
- 2 Delicata squash (about 1 pound each), halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 apple, finely diced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 ounces arugula or spinach (2 cups)
Preheat the oven to 350°. Brush the cut sides of the squash with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and season the cavities with salt and pepper. Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet and roast for about 45 minutes, until tender.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring 2 cups of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the raisins and simmer, covered, until the water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and let cool.
In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and honey with the remaining 1-tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the quinoa along with the apple, shallot, garlic, mint and parsley and toss well. Add the arugula or spinach and toss gently.
Set the squash halves on plates. Fill with the salad and serve.