In a large bowl, mash the butter with a potato masher or just squish it up with your hands. You can even cream the butter using the paddle attachment of a stand mixer—but the goal is just to get the butter soft so you can incorporate the chives.
Add the chopped chives and continue mashing/squishing/mixing the butter until fully mixed.
Spread out a large (1-foot or bigger) square of plastic wrap across your work surface, then scoop the mixed butter onto the plastic. You are now going to roll the butter into a cylinder inside the plastic wrap
Tie the excess plastic wrap at the ends of the cylinder into a knot, or just use little pieces of string to tie off the ends. You can even make a string out of a short section of plastic wrap and roll it into a little rope.
Chill or freeze until needed.
You might also like
- Cotija Cheese and Corn Dip
- Egg Topped Avocado Toast with Spring Onions
- Blueberry Sour Cream Bundt Cake
- Lemon Garlic Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs with Spinach and Snap Peas
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats (from The Mediterranean Dish)
- Pasta Salad With Spinach, Garlic Scapes, Chickpeas, and Tahini
- Fresh Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Lemon Roasted Salmon with Asparagus, Escarole and Potatoes
Please for general inquiries, contact us for billing questions, skip-a-week questions or to cancel your membership.
To sign up: Click here.
730 Hyslip Avenue
Westfield NJ 07090
Flip Side Farm address:
1500 Larger Cross Road N.
Far Hills, NJ 07931