Beet, Carrot and Pomegranate Salad
- 5-6 small beets, cooked and peeled
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1½ tablespoons red wine
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- flaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Slice the beets and carrots thinly using a mandoline or hand held slicer. Layer on a plate or platter, alternating beets and carrots, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and set aside.
Mix the red wine, vinegar and honey in a medium bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking continuously.
Drizzle the dressing on the vegetables to coat. Add pistachios, chives and parsley. Season with flaked salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately or at room temperature.