Basil Pesto Chicken Tart or Pizza or Flat Bread
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry or pizza crust or flat bread
- 1 small head of peeled garlic cloves (optional)
- 3 heaping tablespoons basil pesto, homemade or store bought
- 1 scant cup cooked, diced chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove one sheet of puff pastry from the freezer and allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes. If using garlic, place cloves on a baking sheet and cook in the oven until soft and light golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Allow the cloves to cool and then chop finely.
Unfold the puff pastry onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, pressing and pinching to close any holes in the seams. Using a fork, prick the dough all over—including the edges—to prevent it from puffing during baking.
Brush the pesto in a thin layer over the dough. Scatter the roasted garlic across the pesto. Toss the chicken with a tablespoon of olive oil and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper. Layer the chicken on the tart, followed by the mozzarella and the Parmesan. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
Bake until the cheese is melted and light golden brown, approximately 15-25 minutes (start checking early). Remove the tart from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut into squares and serve immediately.