Traditional Basil Pesto
- 4 cups tightly packed basil leaves (about 8 ounces of whole basil bunches)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano cheese (about 1 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup good-quality olive oil
Combine all of the ingredients except the oil in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. With the motor running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until evenly incorporated. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl, then pulse to finish incorporating all of the ingredients until smooth.