String Beans with Chard Stems and Basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced Swiss chard stems (from about 1 large bunch)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 oz. green beans, trimmed, half halved lengthwise and separated into two equal piles
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the beans and Swiss chard stems, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing often, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer bean mixture to a large bowl and toss with second half of green beans, basil, vinegar, and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil; season with salt, pepper, and more vinegar, if desired.