Fried Potatoes and Onions
- 4 large gold potatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons butter (or more if required)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Peel and slice potatoes about 1/8 inch thick or thinner. Slice onion thinly. In a large frying pan on medium-high heat, melt butter, add olive oil. Add sliced potatoes and onions, cover and fry for 10 minutes. Using a spatula, turn the potatoes and onions over so they do not break apart. If potatoes appear too dry, add some additional butter.
Sprinkle with granulated garlic powder, dried dill weed, salt and pepper and continue to fry with cover removed for another 5 minutes or until potatoes begin to turn slightly brown; turning occasionally. Serve hot with your meal.