Grilled Portobello with Shallots and Rosemary
- 4 medium shallots, peeled
- 3 Portobello mixed mushrooms, 5 inches in diameter (about 4 ounces each)
- 1/ 8 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
Thread shallots through roots and stem ends onto a metal skewer.
Scrape most of the gills out of the mushrooms.
Using sharp knife, cut ¼-inch slits, spaced ½ inch apart, in crosshatch pattern on non-gill side of mushrooms.
Brush shallots and mushrooms evenly with ¼ cup olive oil and season with 2 teaspoons kosher salt (or 1 teaspoon table salt) and pepper to taste.
Whisk remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, rosemary, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt (or ¼ teaspoon table salt) together in small bowl, set aside.
Grill vegetables over medium heat, brushing with sauce, turning several times, until tender and caramelized, 16 to 18 minutes (move vegetables as needed to ensure even cooking).
Transfer vegetables to platter; remove skewers from shallots and discard any charred outer layers.
Re-whisk remaining marinade, pour over vegetables, and serve.