Golden Yellow Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe yellow tomatoes, cored and halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Run your finger along the inside of each tomato to remove and discard the seeds. Chop the tomatoes into 1/4-inch chunks, reserve any juice, and set aside. Combine the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes in a cold medium sauce pan. Now, heat the ingredients, stirring occasionally, until the garlic begins to sizzle and take on a bit of color. Stir in the tomatoes and reserved juices, and bring to a simmer. Cook for just a couple minutes, long enough for the tomatoes to start breaking down a bit. Remove from heat, taste, and adjust the seasoning if necessary.