Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread
- Â½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1(3 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1â„2teaspoon baking soda
- 1â„2teaspoon salt
- 1â„2cup milk (half ‘n half)
- 1 1â„2cups strawberries, chopped
- 1â„2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 8 or 9-inch square baking dish.
With electric mixer cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add half ‘n half and only stir just to blend — do not over stir!
Drain strawberries and blot dry. Carefully just fold in strawberries and nuts. Dough mixture will be thick.
Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Let bread mellow for one day and then serve