Butterhead and Radish Salad with Garlic Buttermilk Dressing
- 4 ounces country bread, cut into 3⁄4-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 head Butterhead lettuce, torn (about 6 cups)
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
Heat oven to 400° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread with the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake, tossing once, until golden, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mayonnaise, parsley, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the lettuce, radishes, shallot, and croutons and toss to coat.