Fresh Cranberry Relish
- About 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier)
- Zest and juice from 1 navel orange
Place all ingredients in a food processor; pulse several times until mixture is chunky.
Killer Cranberry Sauce
- 1 whole navel orange
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 package (12 oz.) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup (2 oz. toasted ) pecans, coarsely chopped
Grate peel from orange and set aside. Squeeze juice from orange into a small bowl. Combine orange juice, sugar and ginger in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add cranberries. Simmer until berries begin to pop, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in reserved orange peel. When cool, stir in pecans. Serve in pretty glass relish or sauce dishes.