Turkey Salad with Asian Pear and Celery
Asian pears differ from European pears in that they are ripe when harvested and are meant to be crunchy. This shockinglydelicious.com recipe is great way to make an interesting salad and is a keeper for the day after Thanksgiving!
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise (can use regular)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups cooked diced turkey
- 2 celery ribs, cut into small dice
- A slice of red onion, cut into very small dice (or you could use several green scallions, chopped)
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 Asian pear, cored, peeled and cut into medium dice
- 1/4 cup currants (or raisins or dried cranberries)
Place mayo, vinegar, Dijon and a grinding of fresh black pepper in a large bowl. Whisk to combine into a dressing.
To the bowl, add turkey, celery, onion, parsley, pear and currants. Gently stir everything together, and taste.
Adjust the seasoning as you like, adding more pepper or a pinch of salt if you think it needs it.
Refrigerate for at least several hours, and then serve.