Chicken, Apple, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad
- Olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- 1 large shallot (or mild onion), peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tart apple, thinly sliced
- Arugula leaves – enough for a salad for four
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese – broken up into little pieces
Heat stick-free frying pan to medium heat. Add a tbsp.
of olive oil and lightly sauté the shallots until translucent. Remove from pan.
Add another tbsp. of olive oil and cook the chicken pieces, stirring
occasionally, until just cooked through. Sprinkle some salt on the chicken
while you are cooking it. Remove from pan and chill. When chicken has cooled, toss together in a serving bowl the shallots, chicken, sliced green apple, arugula, walnuts and goat cheese. Dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.