Breakfast Quinoa with Apples and Cinnamon
Finding healthy and fun breakfast dishes isn’t always easy, but this one from Shape is full of flavor and nutrients.
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup warmed fat-free milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
Combine quinoa, water, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes until quinoa can be fluffed with a fork.
Divide cooked quinoa between four bowls. Stir in applesauce and raisins, and pour in milk. Top with apples, pecans, and more cinnamon.