Ejotes con Huevos or Green Beans with Scrambled Eggs
This dish of ejotes con huevos, or green beans with scrambled eggs, is very simple and works as a side dish to many Mexican dinners.
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, cut into even size pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos as desired, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, more if needed
- 4 medium eggs, lightly beaten
Additional Ingredients: Salt, Pepper, Refried Beans, Tortillas, Salsa, and Cilantro to serve on the side
Cut ends off fresh green beans. Heat oil in a large pan and sauté the onions until soft. Add the chiles, cook for 2 minutes then add the garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add green beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Once they are at desired texture pour the beaten eggs into the pan. Stir and cook until eggs have cooked through. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with refried beans, tortillas and salsa of choice.