Kelly’s Peach and Banana Muffins
This recipe can be modified in many ways, but the bananas always remain. Fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or nectarines also work well. You can also omit the nuts if you don’t care for them. From our good friend Kelly, this gluten free muffin is a keeper!
- 1-1/3 cup gluten free flour (brown rice flour works great)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 tablespoons flax seeds (if desired)
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas (1 cup) mashed
- 1 ripe peach peeled and diced in small chunks
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped if desired for crunch
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place muffins wrappers in a muffin pan or grease muffin pan with oil or butter.
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder (and flax seeds if you desire). In a large bowl, beat together the oil, applesauce and sugar. Add the flour mixture to the oil mixture and beat until blended. Gradually beat in eggs. Fold in bananas, peaches and pecans. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 18 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool on rack. Can be made in a loaf pan for bread but will bake for around 50 minutes at 350 or until toothpick comes out clean.