- 1 head of Broccoli Romanesco
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 15 turns fresh ground pepper
- Hot paprika or red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
- Cut off Romanesco florets (as you would broccoli or cauliflower) and place in a medium size bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper.
- If you are using the hot paprika or red pepper flakes, lightly sprinkle them to taste over the top.
- Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the Pecorino Romano and toss to coat.
- Lay Romanesco in single layer on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, turning once at the halfway point.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded Pecorino Romano over the top just before serving.
recipe courtesy of thekitchensnob.com