Pasta with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage
- 1 pound orecchiette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Â½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup grated Parmesan (4 ounces)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until itâ€™s no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add the broth and red pepper and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe and simmer, covered, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in the butter and Parmesan and cook, uncovered, until the sauce thickens slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
Toss the pasta with the sausage mixture and Â¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.