Grilled Cheese with Apples, Bacon and Sprouts
- 2 slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices rye or sourdough bread
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crisp
- 3 thin slices tart apple
- 1/2 cup assorted sprouts, such as radish or adzuki
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened, divided
Place 1 slice of cheese on 1 slice of bread. Layer bacon, apple, sprouts, and remaining slices of cheese and bread on top. Spread half the butter on top of sandwich. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat, and place sandwich, butter side down, in skillet. Spread remaining butter on top of sandwich. Cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown, flipping once, about 12 minutes.