Smoothies are a good way to pack in a lot of fruit and veggies in a great tasting, easy to make shake. This first one is featured by www.eatgood4life. These are two slightly different recipes smoothies and both are refreshing and healthy!
• 2 ripe bananas
• 12 oz fresh strawberries or bag organic frozen strawberries
• 2 cups of organic low fat milk, you can use more or less depending on desired smoothie consistency
• 1/4 cup flax seed meal
• 1/4 cup mint leaves
• 1 banana
• 6 oz fresh spinach
• 1 cup fresh berries (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry)
• 2 cups almond or soy milk
• 1 squeeze of lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon of almond butter (optional)
• 2 tablespoons flax seed meal (optional)
Place all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. When using fresh strawberries you can add additional ice to make your smoothie thicker.