Roasted Beets with Cumin, Lime and Mint
- 1 bunch medium beets (1-2 pounds without greens)
- Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, sliced
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Clean the beets and trim off any tops. Rub the beets with a little olive oil and wrap them in aluminum foil. Place in the oven and roast until they can be easily pierced with a fork, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Set aside to cool, then remove skins using your fingers or a towel. Slice beets into rounds.
Whisk cumin, lime juice, honey, extra virgin olive oil, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Add the beets and gently toss to coat.
To serve, arrange beets on a plate and garnish with the mint leaves and a dusting of salt.