Honey Roasted Butternut Squash with Apples and Pecans
- 1 lb. butternut squash, cubed
- 1 medium baking apple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon each nutmeg and cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place cubed squash and apple in an 8’x8′ baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons water and roast uncovered, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until almost cooked through. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter, honey, pecans, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Remove squash from oven, and pour honey mixture over squash. Stir lightly to coat. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and serve.